MCS-P Update Session
September 18, 2019 - September 20, 2019
12:00am - 11:59pm
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel Temple Square
122 South West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Becky J. Harrison, President – MCT
Medical Compliance Specialist – Physician
The MCS-P UpDate Sessions are 2.5 days of classroom education conducted at various times during the year, at various locations. The focus of each session is the awareness, understanding and effect of new, revised or deleted laws, rules and regulations applicable to the delivery of healthcare within the physician environment. The healthcare industry is rapidly changing. These sessions are open to those that are already Medical Compliance Specialist-Physician (MCS-P) certified.
MSC-P Update Classroom sessions will run from 8:00am until 5:00pm on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday class will be from 8:00am until noon. You will need to bring your large MCS-P Manual. Do not bring the Policy and Procedure Manual or any handouts from previous classes. We will start Monday Morning by updating your Manual. A continental breakfast and everything you need for class will be waiting for you. So come early and get settled in. It’s going to be a good UpDate!
If you have questions do not hesitate to reach out [email protected] or 254.582.7635. If you would like to register by check please see order form at the footer of www.medicalcompliancetraining.com.
Location: Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
122 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Airport: Salt Lake City (SLC) is 4.7 miles from the Plaza Hotel.
*Actual course content is more comprehensive than described here. Please contact us additional MSC-P course information.
Hotel Shuttle Service: 1-801-521-0130 – Contact the Plaza front desk upon arrival at the airport to request a shuttle and they will come as soon as they can! Could be 45 minutes depending on shuttle location; no charge. Mention need for the shuttle service when making sleeping room reservations for additional details and instructions.
TRAX Light Rail System: TRAX serves Salt Lake City International Airport and the historic Temple Square and is a short walk from the Plaza Hotel; $2.00 fare. Please consult Utah Transit Authority (UTS) for updates, schedules and additional information.
Salt Lake City Taxi Cab and Shuttle…..801-864-5716
VIP Taxi ……..801-244-2227
Group Sleeping Room Block:
The MCT Group Sleeping Room Block has been created for a limited number of sleeping rooms. Please give the below information to the Hotel when making your sleeping room reservations.
- Group Name: Medical Compliance Training
- Group Code: MCS-P UpDate Session
- Hotel Direct Phone: 1-801-521-0130
- On Line: plaza-hotel.com
- Group Room Rate: $167.00 plus tax, etc.
- NOTE Cut-off Date: August 7, 2019
Please make your reservations as soon as possible. The MCT block sleeping room rate is guaranteed until 09/07/19 which is less than 6 weeks away. The Plaza did suggest if you are planning on spending a few extra days in Salt Lake City, please consider room availability prior to the UpDate Session. The Plaza is expecting high traffic starting immediately after the UpDate. There is a cancellation policy on the sleeping rooms so please ask for details when making your reservation. Let me know if you have any problems or if I may assist.
Lots to do and see with something for everyone. Below are a few of the nearby attractions to consider:
- Temple Square is 650 feet from the Plaza Hotel; across the street.
- Completed in 1875, the Tabernacle is home to the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir and is one of the most acoustically sound buildings on earth. Bridge-building techniques were used to construct this dome shaped building without any supporting columns on the inside.
- Often overlooked, the Base and Meridian is a small statuette on the southeast corner of Temple Square. Salt Lake City’s grid system originates from here, making its coordinates 0 East, 0 West, 0 North, and 0 South, according to the system.
- The world-renowned Family History (Genealogy) Library is adjacent to the Plaza Hotel. This is the largest genealogical library in the world. 200 hosts are available to assist your search with unmatched resources.
- Hiking Salt Lake City is easy and The Great Salt Lake can be seen in the distance of many area hikes. Visit Antelope Island State Park, Frary Peak (Antelope Island) is 6.6 miles, or Mueller Park to Elephant Rock (Bountiful) is 7 miles, for some of the best views. Bonneville Shoreline Trail System is on the foothills behind the city. Several trailheads are accessible within minutes.
- City Creek Center is a world-class fashion and dining destination offering 110 retailers and restaurants on over 2 city blocks. This unique shopping environment also features a retractable glass roof, a creek that runs through the property, a pedestrian sky bridge, three fountains and more.
- Other food options: The Roof Restaurant Utah’s premier gourmet dining buffet is located on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building overlooking the Salt Lake Temple. The Garden Restaurant located on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building just across from the Roof, has stunning views of Temple Square and downtown Salt Lake City. The Nauvoo Cafe is located on the corner of South Temple and Main Street in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The cafe has fast service take out, or you can stay and take in the view of Main Street and the Temple while dining in the historical setting that was the Hotel Utah.
For additional course information, please contact us